Beauty, Collaboration, Collaborations
NORDSTROM Beauty Spot- Chignon

Nordstrom_pastel_roses_by_fantazyme-d5346fg

Recently in my previous post here I announced my partnership with Nordstrom’s Beauty Spot and shared one of my favorite fall hairstyles, Glam curls!  Now I wanted to share with you my 2nd  go to hairstyle for the fall, the sleek chignon.

chriselle_lim_Nordstrom_beauty_spot_16_chriselle_lim

My obsessions with chignons started with my infatuation with the parisian lifestyle after a short visit to France. I loved the chic & effortless way that women dressed , bare faced (or as it seems), and tousled up hair. A bare shoulder, and neck cleavage is unexpectedly sexy , which is perfect for the French phrase “chignon du cou” meaning “the Nape Of The Neck”.

_MG_2259

This simple up-do creates a sophisticated look , quickly. So if you are in a rush for work , have an important meeting or heading out to a party this is the fastest way to look put together in a hurry!

chriselle_lim_Nordstrom_beauty_spot_14

Make sure you head over to the Nordstrom Beauty Spot to find more photos and details on how to achieve this look and 2 of my other fall favorite hairstyles! and click HERE to see more of my favorite beauty products from hair tools, to makeup & perfume, to face masks for this season!

Also join myself and Karla of Karla’s Closet for a fun live beauty chat with Nordstrom today 8/13 from noon- 1 PM PST using #nbeautychat. Dont miss your chance to ask us ANYTHING 😉

chrisellesig

• Jess says:

love a chignon! they work perfectly for both work and during the weekends xo

Your Daily Break

• This is a great “in a hurry running to work” hairdo, it’s simple and clean, perfect 😉

❤ Jenny Tsang
    – NEW POSTt: Sunkissed –

• Wynne says:

@Jo-An: I wish I had a longer neck! There are some simple solutions to making your neck appear shorter and still wear the chignon up-do; tie a scar on your neck, wear a turtleneck (cooler weather), wear a blouse with a stiffer collar that can stand up to cover your neck, wear a choker necklace that wraps around the middle of your neck or a necklace that falls on the base of your neck and collar bone. Audrey Hepburn had a long, elegant neck and often wore shorter necklaces and outfits with higher necklines…she would be great inspiration! Hope that helps!

• Jo-An says:

I don’t know but whenever I do updo I feel it doesn’t look good on my because my neck appears so long. What do you think I should do?

I would love to wear those hair styles :'(

• Chriselle says:

I think a long neck is very beautiful!Embrace your gorgous assets! But if you are feeling a bit uncomfortable I think some of the solutions Wynne Suggested are great too! Let me know how it works for you! Best of luck xoxo

• TERESA says:

I like chignons, it’s a very chic and easy way to style one’shair. Your stripped shirt and nail polish are lovely too.

CHECK OUT MY LATEST POST http://sapphire-brushstrokes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/half-anniversary.html?m=1

• Ayu says:

So effortless and classy! I’m gonna give it a try!

• Chriselle says:

I can’t wait to see how it looks on you! Make sure to share a photo with me on Instagram or on our Chriselle inc. Facebook page!! <3 <3 I’m sure you will look beautiful!