{Makeupless Mornings} Swing Dress + Sneaks

Lovers_Friends_Revolve_clothing_Chriselle_lim_schutz_shoes_Sneakers_LuvAJ_necklace_9

The other day my instagram followers encouraged me to go a day without makeup after seeing THIS photo here…. so I did! Usually i’ll hide behind my sunnies , but this time I decided to ditch the frames below…..

Lovers_Friends_Revolve_clothing_Chriselle_lim_schutz_shoes_Sneakers_LuvAJ_necklace_10

Lovers_Friends_Revolve_clothing_Chriselle_lim_schutz_shoes_Sneakers_LuvAJ_necklace_8

Without realizing it so many of us girls, myself included, run to our makeup first thing in the morning. It’s a routine that has become habitual to many of us, and habits are hard to break. We somehow convince ourselves that we cannot leave the house without a full face, and too many times we depend on makeup to help us “feel pretty” …. at least that was the case for me.

So I decided to wear the very bare minimum which was tinted sunscreen, lipstain, & clear mascara.

Lovers_and_friends_Chriselle_Lim_Revolve_Clothing_muubaa_leather_jacket_Schutz_sneakers

Makeup is a very powerful tool, as it is with clothing & accessories!  But it’s important not to  lose ourselves and forget who we are behind the make up, clothes & accessories.

Lovers_Friends_Revolve_clothing_Chriselle_lim_schutz_shoes_Sneakers_LuvAJ_necklace_2

Lovers_Friends_Revolve_clothing_Chriselle_lim_schutz_shoes_Sneakers_LuvAJ_necklace_11

Lovers_Friends_Revolve_clothing_Chriselle_lim_schutz_shoes_Sneakers_LuvAJ_necklace_7

Lovers_Friends_Revolve_clothing_Chriselle_lim_schutz_shoes_Sneakers_LuvAJ_necklace_6

And I must say it’s quite liberating to break away from old habits, and embrace your inner beauty.  I couldn’t have picked out a better dress than THIS one to wear.  THIS playful swing mini dress feels like you’re wearing nothing at all…it’s quite freeing! Perfect for those hot summer days!

Lovers_Friends_Revolve_clothing_Chriselle_lim_schutz_shoes_Sneakers_LuvAJ_necklace_5

Lovers_Friends_Revolve_clothing_Chriselle_lim_schutz_shoes_Sneakers_LuvAJ_necklace_4

Photography by Jana From Alabama

Thank you guys for always encouraging & inspiring me! It was from THIS, THIS, & THIS pix from the gym  that that challenged me to do this!

chrisellesig

OUTFIT DETAILS

|DRESS| Lovers + Friends

|NECKLACE| LUV AJ

|SHOES| Schutz (similar one HERE & HERE)

|BRACELET| Gorjana triple strand wrap, Gorjana wrap cuff

|RINGS| Dean Davidson

|JACKET| Muubaa

|PURSE| Celine (similar one HERE)

MIRRORED OPTIONS

• Jny says:

Different colored bag would have been better~

• What a cheerful dress! Love the flicky, flirty hem. You look great. ELL x

• Maja says:

you are always gorgeous, cause you shine from within!
    loved you without make up! I do that a lot.. At first I was freaked out, and did it because I had to (for some reason, can’t even remember) but then I realized no1 cares that much.. And I’ve got a few compliments as well! :) We’re our own biggest critics!
    love you!

inwithdnew.blogspot.com

• Julie says:

I love this post and in my opinion, it’s nice to take a break ever so often from makeup. You look great with or without makeup. Love your complexion. In the past, I used to be a little offended because people would tell me that I look better with full makeup on or that when I do wear it-I look the same. I know it’s silly and I don’t know if any one would understand me why those comments bothered me at the time. Like most girls I just wanted to be noticed and feel pretty.

• Julie says:

• I looove the dress!

• Julianne says:

You are so beautiful!

Dollsinsuburbia.com

• faye lu says:

love this post! great to have a makeup-less day every now and then. but who needs makeup when you have gorgeous long legs!!! *wishes i was taller* LOL

• Christine says:

You look AMAZING!!! Seriously, as a fellow asian girl who has always been so “afraid” of the sun and exposing my skin – we tend to find the urge to constantly cover up our faces – with foundations, spf, concealers etc just so we don’t get too over-exposed to the sun (or so our mothers always lectured us to do, lol)! But, honestly, your skin is flawless and you just have a natural beauty about yourself that you should never be afraid to show! Your post is inspiring and I’m glad that you were able to show yourself to your readers without makeup because I’m positive the numerous girls who see you as a role model (including myself!) will truly appreciate it. Happy Friday!!

• Kayla says:

With or without make up your still beautiful for me! Inside and out! Keep inspiring simple people like us! Lots of love from the Philippines!

• I am just shocked by your eyebrow format! Didn’t you line it up even a little bit? It’s really perfect! :)

• Ashleigh says:

I love your “no makeup” look! You’re very inspirational ♥

• You look so fresh without makeup!
    And seriously in love with that AJ necklace :D

• Joules says:

You look great! You have a very sophisticated look with minimal makeup. I like it.

Style by Joules

• Mariah says:

You still look gorgeous without makeup. I love when people post without makeup because it makes them more real and care free. This is amazing :)

se7enstylebook.blogspot.com

• Sarah says:

beautiful! what tinted moisturizer and lip stain do you use?

• Andreea Stoicescu says:

Girl, you’re so pretty!!! Thanks for being our inspiration too!!

• Inna says:

well, you are nice as usual… and your face and skin are so good and health

• Inna says:

Well, you are so nice as usual… you have so good and health colour of your face… your skin is perfect. <3

• Nikute says:

You look stunning without makeup~ great post as always

• Marjan says:

Playful & vibrant look, love that! also, there’s no need for makeup when you’ve such a beautiful face!

• Katerina says:

STUNNING!! You look absolutely amazing without makeup! I wish my dark, Greek eyes would allow me to walk around with no concealer :P Love the dress as well! Super cute! :)

fashionrealist.com

• Erica says:

I love that necklace & you look amazing with no makeup! Natural beauty :)

simplyonelove.com

• Elle says:

Holy moly you look almost exactly the same w/ and w/o makeup!!! Lovely :)

• You are just as flawless and beautiful without makeup! And I love that dress!

xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

• Anna says:

You look beautiful without make-up, but I agree habits are hard to break!

• Huyen says:

wow, your skin is flawless, you look absolutely amazing without make up!

xx