20’s inspiration

tiffanycollage3

tonigarrn

The fashion of the 1920’s was glamorous, sultry, dramatic & daring. Some of the things they wore during that time, like head pieces and stacks & stacks of bracelets, would have given the arm swag and hats of today a run for our  money. That is exactly why I’ve recently been inspired by this era of fashion, for all the reasons I just mentioned, but also because it really embodies what I think a woman is. Most women love dressing up for a night out and feeling glamorous and sexy . Whether we are wearing a bold lip color to be daring, like I often do, or throwing on a big necklace for a dramatic statement, we all have a bit of 1920’s inspiration running through our veins.  These particular photos are from a Vogue Germany editorial that I just fell in love with!

tonigarrn12 tonigarrn6 tonigarrn4

tonigarrn2tonigarrn3

Speaking of dressing up for special events and getting glam, I’m in New York right now for a collaboration with Tiffany & Co preparing for the unveiling of The Great Gatsby Collection and  to attend the very special Blue book gala. I can’t wait to share more with you about my experience at these two events!  So check back to see more updates!

chrisellesig

• Laura says:

Hi Chriselle,

I kinda need your help, because I feel in love with one dress from the first picture that u post ( 20′ inspiration). Is the one in the corner next to the shoes, light turquoise. I have check everywhere for it but no result .
    Please let me know if u know from where I can get it.
    Many thanks and by the way I love love your blog.

Laura

• Laura says:

Hi,
    I really really need your help,

I feel in love with the light blue dress with the details on the back (the one in the corner next to the shoes)…….I search everywhere for it but I cannot find it. Please if u know from where I can buy it I will be so so so happy and greatfull.

By the way I love your blog.

Tnks

• Maggie says:

omg those images are amazing. the roaring 20s wasn’t exactly my favorite era just because the cut wasn’t that flattering, but i definitely love the 30s because of the hollywood glamour and the introduction of the bias cut in dresses.

-maggie

• Tracey says:

I always have the 20’s and Tiffany’s blue! Love the hair and sophisticated look in that period. I am a fan!

Click here to T.Size Small !

• Diana says:

So glamorous!! Can’t wait to see that movie!!

xoxo, Diana ☠

• Love the last two pictures! So glamorous!! And indeed their arm swag and ring party is stunning!

• Skyblue Hippie says:

i luv the sleek and daring aspects of the 1920s. definitely my fave era.

• Mira says:

I love this editorial. My favorite fashion era :-)

xx

glamdevils

• Glad to know the flapper era is back in! The Great Gatsby, along with the Fountainhead are some of my top favorite books! We’re actually going to be doing a 1920s’ themed photoshoot with some local bloggers here in the Bay Area soon!

• Erica says:

I have always thought I should have been from that era. It’s my favorite :)

simplyonelove.com

• Old glamour. So amazing. Black and white is my absolute favorite.

kristinawilde.blogspot.com