The Heart Truth

posted by on 2013.02.01, under Chriselle Inc., PERSONAL

Screen shot 2013-02-01 at 1.49.40 PM283655_10150977513337620_929331600_nChriselle_lim_mom_wedding_1-500x666Chriselle_lim_mom_wedding_4-500x666Screen shot 2013-02-01 at 1.50.16 PM 524355_10150977507602620_514557870_n

Today is National Wear Red Day which is a day to remind women to take action against heart disease! I, for one, have been  eating healthier and have been more physically active ever since my mom got diagnosed with Heart disease several years back. For 5 years it was not only a physically challenging time for my mom, but also an emotional one for my whole family. During that time our family moved back  & forth from Korea in search of the doctor that could successfully operate on my mom. After 2 unsuccessful heart surgeries we were getting quite discouraged, but we kept pushing to find the right doctor and it was after her third surgery she was completely healed! Mama lim is now super healthy & happy!

Let’s all take this day to raise awareness of heart disease and pay tribute to all of the women in our lives and all over the world that have been affected by this disease.

Help us spread the word of the Heart Truth!

COMMENTS

Touching story~ Thank you for opening up to us! You com across as natural, beutiful, and strong! Congrats on expercising healthy habits! Thank you for this post and the encouragement. I will definitfly look after and monitor my health and fitness from now on!

Nicole ( February 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM )

Awwww, you look just like you mom. You are both so beautiful : )

Crystal ( February 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM )

Thank you for posting and sharing your mother with us! <3

Thank you ( February 8, 2013 at 1:44 AM )

Your mom is really beautiful :)

fkxoxo ( February 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM )

Don’t enjoy shopping or just don’t have the time…check out http://www.fashionsyourway.com.

Fashions Your Way ( February 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM )

This story was so touching it made got me close to tearing up. I had no idea your mom went through such an ordeal. I am glad she came through fighting. I know how its like to have a close relative go through surgery and to be in anticipation of what is going on so I feel you on that. Well take care and give all our well wishes to your mom.

Anxhela ( February 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM )

Aww! It’s good to hear she did it! And you like your mom! On the very first photo, I was like; “did Chriselle ever imagine how she’d look like when she grow up? Because she doesn’t have to!” :)

Kathleen ( February 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM )

So true. We need to remember to take care of ourselves mentally (less stress) and physically. This year I am aiming to do something physically active everyday.

Slim Style Secrets ( February 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM )

Mama Lim is soo pretty! I’m glad that your family was so supportive and determined to find a doctor! I hope for the best for your family! :)

Aimee ( February 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM )

lovely and very sweet photos!i hope and wish you the best for you mama,my mom diagnosed with canser some years back and i can completely understand you fears.love and many kisses chriselle

liza ( February 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM )

Wauw! She is a strong woman. This inspires everyone that everything is possible and never to give up on nothing! Even though someone or something takes you down. Keep your head up high and never give up!

New post on my blog right now! –> http://www.ht-fashionfierce.blogspot.com

Love, Hannan

FashionFierce ( February 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM )

You look so much like your mum. I’m so glad your mum is better now, must have been a really tough time. Great cause!!

kerker ( February 2, 2013 at 4:29 AM )

Omg, you have a heart-conditon! I hope your lifestyle will keep a control on it, and in the meanwhile to prevent other (future) diseases. Your mum looks so young and gorgeous too

MlleW ( February 2, 2013 at 3:05 AM )

I´m so glad to her your mom is healed now. You both look so sweet together.
I still remember you eat healthier post :)

GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG

xo

glamDevils

Mira ( February 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM )

I’m glad to hear you’re mom is doing better, it’s all about keeping faith and having lots of hope. My dad got diagnosed with colon cancer this past December and although it’s scary I have no doubt he will get better :)

Dalila ( February 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM )

That is amazing! Best of luck to your whole family :) Thanks so much for sharing.

Yolennie ( February 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM )

This is so touching. My mom recently had a heart attack but now she is fine after spending many days in the hospital so she can be better. I am so happy that your mom is healthy now. All we need is support, believe, strength and love. Familly and all of these are the best medecine :)
I wish you all the best.

Melissa ( February 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM )

I wish you the best.

Melissa ( February 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM )

You look so much like her
My mom has heart disease also. Know its tough but hang in there =)

J. N.J. ( February 1, 2013 at 3:35 PM )

Awww, I wholeheartedly am in support of this, and you and your mother come across as incredibly close, even if just in photos. Thank God for his blessing of healing, and I wish her and you all the best :)

Kathleen of whenjmetk.com

Kathleen ( February 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM )

Congratulation for Mommy Lim!!

Himura ( February 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM )

i’m so glad to hear that your Mother is fully healed now! my dad had liver cancer a few years back, got surgery, and is now ok. GOD BLESS you and your family!!! <3 Where there is hardship GOD gives us greater joy!

annabelle ( February 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM )

Awwwww :D
Mum is the best!

Trang April ( February 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM )

pagetop