End Of A Chapter, Beginning Of A New

posted by on 2012.03.27, under Outfit Of The Day

Photography by- Karla Ticas

Hope you all had a lovely start to a brand new week! What better way to start your week than overdosing on colors upon colors upon colors! I find that breaking up pretty pastels with bright neons really adds that extra *umph to an outfit! Wearing Pastels from head to toe can sometimes wash you out so liven it up a bit adding the same color but in a neon shade! Also ever since Coach sent me this Kristen purse i’ve been wearing it almost everyday since! Talk about the perfect everyday purse, right? It’s the perfect size, perfect, shade, & perfect weight for the spring!

It’s been a bittersweet morning as I am sending my little sister off to New York. She’s been living with me here in LA for the past 3 years and we’ve become pretty much inseparable ever since. As she got a job offer out in New York it’s time for me to let her go and let her fly high!! It’s definitely going to be a sunglass friendly  day due to tears & puffy eyes. I’ve always hated goodbyes…it’s an end of a chapter and a beginning of a new. Have you ever had to deal with a Goodbye? If so..How do you deal with Goodbyes?

xoxo

Top- Zara (similar colorblock blouse HERE)

Skirt- Zara (similar cute & cheap lace skirt HERE)

Blazer- Zara (similar & really cute Neon Jacket HERE)

Purse- thanks to Coach – Kristin Woven Leather Round Satchel

Bracelets- Thank to Chan Luu – Wrap Bracelet, J.Crew bracelets

Necklace-Twig necklace

Shoes- Jimmy Choo (similar & cheaper heel HERE)

COMMENTS

I don’t think anyone else could have pulled this off, but you. This look is too perfect for words.
Ashley Udoh

Ashley Udoh ( March 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM )

i love this outfit yellow is one of my favorite colors

Leigh ( June 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM )

Wow, really love the bright color, looks good on you.
And yes, I hate goodbye too :(

eve ( April 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM )

Aww yes so bitersweet! I hope she has an amazing time in NY! I’ll soon be saying goodbye to my sister as she’s currently in the process of trying to find a job out in NY as well.

Bettina ( April 2, 2012 at 4:28 PM )

Loved the jacket, so vibrant.

la-femmechic.blogspot.com

Maha ( March 29, 2012 at 4:04 AM )

Love the colors! Great skirt and shirt…love the pairing!!!

Meish Moo ( March 28, 2012 at 6:30 PM )

Love all the yellow!!!

Marissa
The Simple Swan
A fashion, beauty, and maternity blog

Marissa ( March 28, 2012 at 3:10 PM )

you;re fierce… i don’t think i cld pull off that shade ..well from head to toe but u wear it well!

SHELLZDOLL ( March 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM )

Like the coach purse, but should offer some discounts to your reader to stimulate the sale.

Jade Lam ( March 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM )

I hate goodbyes too, but in your case, this is not a goodbye – it’s more of a “see ya later” type thing. Don’t be sad, because you have nothing to be sad about. From what I can tell you are pretty girl with great fashion sense and a soon-to-be bride (so exciting). So chin-up girly!

Cecily ( March 28, 2012 at 8:47 AM )

My boyfriend and I met during our exchange year in Britain. Now we both live in different countries againn and goodbyes are a frequent occurence :) One never gets quite used to saying goodbye to loved ones ^^”

Anni ( March 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM )

All of these bright sunny colors together make such a gorgeous look!

Sarah ( March 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM )

Well, considering I live in a city 3 hours away from my home, I deal with goodbyes every month when I come to visit. It was very hard in the beginning, but me and my boyfriend manage to coop with it. It even made us stronger! What is a distance when you cross that longitude with your mind in one second? And now, thx to cellphones and internet you hear with your loved ones every single day! Good luck!

Tina ( March 28, 2012 at 1:38 AM )

Chriselle!! You’re so incredibly pretty and you’re also probably the only person who can style and look good in all yellow :) <3

Hannah ( March 28, 2012 at 1:33 AM )

Wooo! That’s bright alright! I love the skirt, bag, and shoes. :)
But to answer your question, it was hard for me to say goodbye to my parents. I moved away while I was still in my college years and got married and lived out of State ever since. It was sad and I still miss them every second of every day! Keep your head up and FaceTime or Skype-ing really helps! :)

Sidni ( March 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM )

wooh! that skirt adorable!! love it!!
always love your style chriselle! <3

-JK- ( March 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM )

Wow. At first, I couldn’t believe seeing the neon color, but after seeing the first few pics, I was sold. You pulled it off! Great look.

- L

Lloyd Lim ( March 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM )

You know, Chriselle! You really remind me of the actress Han Eun Jung both face and body-wise! (Look her up!)

Miyu ( March 27, 2012 at 7:53 PM )

Hi Chriselle, my sister went on exchange about 3months ago to New York!! My sister and i are really close, we chat the whole day, like best friends. I’m from Singapore halfway round from the States, imagine the 12 hour time difference! Felt a huge chunk of me disappear when she left for NY! We skype during her early mornings and late nights(if time permits), and whatsapp chat all the time. Really helps! Hope you’ll feel better soon cause i did!!:)

Magdalene ( March 27, 2012 at 7:03 PM )

My boyfriend and i, spend 5 months apart, he had to back to Netherlands to finish some classes to finally be able to graduate.

so we did everything we could to keep in touch such as letters, facebook messeges, and skype. And it actually works :)

So don’t be sad, im sure you’ll find a way not to miss her so much

Christy ( March 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM )

You look amazing! Sorry your sister is moving so far away and hope you can see her soon!

Outside Looking In ( March 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM )

Wow, what a pretty pretty yellow look! I love your lace skirt!!!!!
You look perfect beautiful Chriselle!
xoxoxo

Anastasios ( March 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM )

Hi Chriselle! This is my first time commenting here, I just wanna say I love the color! I love yellow, it’s such a beautiful and invigorating color! I especially like the lace skirt, think I’ll get one too~~~
also I kind of know how you feel because I just said goodbye to my mom at the airport today, although I’ll see her again in a few months, I feel both sad and anxious that I’ll have to fend for myself from now on lol. I wish all the best for your little sister and hope you’ll soon cheer up fully to give us more fantastic fashion!

Erica ( March 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM )

You should think about the positive things: what are you going to do in your next NY visit? :-)
Love your look!!!

The slow pace ( March 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM )

love the pop of color! its best to just cry it out and you’ll feel better. good luck to your sister :)

ChicPear Fashion Blog: http://www.chicpear.com
ChicPear Bloglovin

Chicpear ( March 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM )

C! You look positively electric in this neon ensemble! Can’t even tell you were bidding adieu to the baby sis…good luck to her! I’m sure greener pastures are ahead!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

Julie Khuu ( March 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM )

As always you look gorgeous

Amor ( March 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM )

Gorgeous as always! However i can’t help but wonder….is your shirt see-through and are you perhaps not wearing a bra? lol

Amy ( March 27, 2012 at 7:18 AM )

Absolutely beautiful outfit! I would be so scared to wear this much neon but you do it so well!

I have a sister who’s lived with me for almost seven years now and even though lately she hasn’t been home as much, I don’t know how we’ll handle not having her live with us anymore. My kids are also very attached to her!

My Dressy Ways ( March 27, 2012 at 6:08 AM )

This is such an amazing colour on you! Love the accessories too.

Andrea ( March 27, 2012 at 6:04 AM )

Wow, I love this outfit! I don’t wear neon colors well, but this outfit makes me want to try! Gorgeous in every way! xx

Pip

Pip ( March 27, 2012 at 6:00 AM )

Although as a stylist you have countless clothes, I love to see that you always go back to your basics – like your jimmy choo heels and burgundy leather jacket. You’re unlike so many other fashion bloggers…you actually WEAR your old stuff. Your smile is really pretty!

Uli ( March 27, 2012 at 4:39 AM )

I’m so deeply close to my family too, and I understand how hard this morning must have been for you. She’ll do amazing and you’ll see her regularly.

You look amazing as always. <3

Natasha Fatah ( March 27, 2012 at 4:28 AM )

You are a wonderful person both in-and outside, Chriselle. Your videos always make my day!
My good friend used to be my neigbor till she moved to another country. We think of each other as sisters but we never thought our long distance friendship was an obstruction. We only grew closer. But the hardest part is being unable to look each other directly in the eye. In good and in bad times.
Take care.

Mar ( March 27, 2012 at 4:20 AM )

Love the neon blazer! :) All the colours go so well!! :)

Kim L ( March 27, 2012 at 3:54 AM )

love the skirt!

siboney2046 ( March 27, 2012 at 3:26 AM )

You look stunning on the pictures! Neon colours are like the trends of the trends for this season and combined with the pastels ones it just makes a perfect combination!

Andi Cui ( March 27, 2012 at 3:24 AM )

pagetop