Trash Into Treasures

posted by on 2011.10.21, under Chriselle Inc., DIY jewelry, Fashion Tutorials

Not sure if its because of the change in season but I found myself cleaning out my closet & drawers the other day. I found tons of  old & worn pieces which inspired me to create this tutorial.

Before you throw out your old pieces..watch this video and see if you can make any of your old pieces brand new again!

Materials Needed-
Sweater- Forever21
Pearls- Random Boutique & some from Forever 21
The thread, needle, sewing kit,scissors, pencil, & ruler all came in a package from Target!

Let me know if you guys want to see more DIY videos and if so what would you like to see me take from Trash Into Treasures?

Love,
Chriselle

COMMENTS

they are selling a shirt identical to the one you make at forever 21
except its black with white pearls

Bell ( November 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM )

LOVE the video! It turned out beautiful.

MyStylehistory ( October 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM )

I love this look! so creative and thrifty! no point wasting clothes

Vicheka Im ( October 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM )

You should think about all of these options if you want to get costume jewelry. This is a type of fashion jewelry that can be great for you to take a look at. It can come in many styles and can look just like real types of jewelry. It can especially be found online. This is a very inexpensive option to consider when finding fashion jewelry, try to visit Swiss watch online for Swiss watch jewelry online shopping convenience.

Swiss Watch Online ( October 24, 2011 at 12:57 AM )

I love it! I’m really glad to watch all of your videos! Simply, useful and very cute! After your videos I start to fell more confident!
I wish you to make more videos and we’ll support you!!
TNHX a lot!!!!

Jane ( October 22, 2011 at 11:55 PM )

wow shock a helpful tutorial! I will definetly be trying this with some of my old sweaters. I love pearls they just make everything look so romantic and classic.

tiffany ( October 22, 2011 at 11:46 AM )

Hi Chriselle :) may I ask you how would you wear brown leather shorts so they will be wearable not just only in the early fall but also when is quite chilly outside? I tried to pair them with brown tights and brown boots and then just some pop of colour, but I’m not sure…can you help me please? By the way – I love your videos, I follow you since your very first video ^_^

Anna B. ( October 22, 2011 at 9:55 AM )

I would love to see more DIY videos!

Kindness is the best accessory,
Rebecca

Rebecca Kelsey ( October 22, 2011 at 9:01 AM )

Chriselle, lots of people dress well. But your outfits always.. ALWAYS have some sort of magic in it! I truly envy your creative spirit!!

Saida ( October 22, 2011 at 6:27 AM )

This DIY is really great !

LH ( October 22, 2011 at 1:05 AM )

this video is brilliant! thanks for sharing!

Sari ( October 21, 2011 at 1:37 PM )

Wow the sweater really change just adding a few pearls, it looks beautiful. I really would love to see more DYI because you are a inspiration and that would be great to see.
Thank you for this tutorial! ^^

Irene ( October 21, 2011 at 1:32 PM )

brilliant!

Bises,
monkeyshines

monkeyshines ( October 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM )

I love this! Not only is it “green” and “eco-chic” to do something like this, but it breathes new life into pieces you thought you’d never wear again!

Have you ever thought of doing a highlight on eco-chic fashion? Either eco apparel lines that you are drawn to, or vintage highlights or whatever else?

I think that would be a great tutorial!
You should write a book one day. I love how you write these stories…
Some type of memoir.

I love these snapshots and peeks into your daily life.

xx{ish.},
Mae Lu @ thereafterish.!

Mae Lu ( October 21, 2011 at 12:05 PM )

Your blog & video´s is so inspiring me. I love your style – it´s very elegant & wonderful.

Vy ( October 21, 2011 at 11:58 AM )

Your blog is always so inspiring particularly this DIY! would love to see more of them! :)

Viv ( October 21, 2011 at 11:29 AM )

I really love the top, thankyou for the advice ^_^ I want to see more DIY videos also it would be great if you do a video about a purse from trash into treasures, that would be nice ^_^

Liz ( October 21, 2011 at 9:51 AM )

Awesome! Very useful thanks! I love the top!

lovelyxobsessions ( October 21, 2011 at 8:55 AM )

This DIY video is great, I’ll try to make it :) But how do you wash it?

PS:Check out my blog: http://www.fashionaddict.blogspot.com

Clara ( October 21, 2011 at 8:44 AM )

Hey Chriselle,

I’ve been following you since you started appearing in Michelle Phan’s videos. You are a real inspiration. I would love to see more DIY videos. ~~
Please make more~~

W

Winnie ( October 21, 2011 at 8:35 AM )

pagetop