Oriental Oasis

posted by on 2011.06.15, under Editorials

Here’s a recent editorial I styled for Prestige Magazine. Loved how I was able to be as creative as I wanted to for this editorial. Which means layers upon layers upon layers….socks under sandals…pants as tops & tops as pants. A little geisha, a little samurai, a little chinadoll, and of course was inspired by the traditional korean costume “Han Boke”…inspired by their vibrant clashing colors. Welcome to the Oriental Oasis.

Stylist- Chriselle Lim

Photographer- Karla Ticas

Makeup- Johny Saade

Hair- Christopher Saluzzo

Love,

Chriselle

COMMENTS

This is freakn GORGEOUS! Never seen something good as this!

MK* ( June 16, 2011 at 6:05 PM )

Chriselle ( June 16, 2011 at 6:36 PM )

aw thanks babes..glad u enjoyed it! <3 xoxo

Chriselle ( June 17, 2011 at 12:57 AM )

This is so pretty ^_^

PerfectXPiscies ( June 16, 2011 at 3:30 PM )

This is GORGEOUS! You are so creative…. #caseclosed :-)

Perpie ( June 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM )

Aw thank you Perpie <3 I love challenging myself to think outside of the box!

Chriselle ( June 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM )

So pretty… I love the vibrant colours.

Annabel ( June 15, 2011 at 12:58 PM )

Chriselle ( June 16, 2011 at 6:44 PM )

I would have to agree with Jessie ^ I would love to be your shadow on a shoot or runway. I was in acting/modelling for a bit but I always thought school was more important and since I was in high school at the time I just wanted to make sure everything was lined up for university. Now I slightly regret losing touch with it all because I would be so happy to model stuff you do. I love all of these and my two faves are the bright red/orange dress, the navy strapless with pink/red details and the amazing red pants in the last photo.

Sydnee ( June 15, 2011 at 7:47 AM )

aw thanks sydnee~ It’s great that you have school on ur resume! It’s only going to help you out! I always tell girls do EVERYTHING you can and dont’ limit yourself to one thing or one way. You can always create a career in modeling/acting/styling/anything that you are passionate about on the side/part time until it picks up and you can make it your fulltime job :) xoxo

Chriselle ( June 17, 2011 at 12:59 AM )

This is amazing!! I wonder how can you be so creative!!
Nice Work and blog ;D

Iamverycrazy ( June 15, 2011 at 6:26 AM )

aw thank u! I love to think outside of the box and be creative.. :) xoxo

Chriselle ( June 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM )

This is really really AMAZING!!! You are really talented!!! love your style!!! :) You are really a model and you inspire me :)

Sandy ( June 15, 2011 at 5:03 AM )

Aw thank you sandy! I am glad I can inspire you! I love that there are so many girls that are aspiring stylistas..follow your passions & ur dreams! xoxo

Chriselle ( June 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM )

so beautiful *_* Loving the pictures!!

Gisella ( June 15, 2011 at 2:38 AM )

Thank you Gisella! xoxo

Chriselle ( June 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM )
monkeyshines ( June 15, 2011 at 2:18 AM )

THIS IS FREAKING GORGEOUS! God… I would LOVE to work with you… or just follow you around for a day!

Jessie ( June 15, 2011 at 1:46 AM )

Aw thank you Jessie! I am flattered <3 xoxo

Chriselle ( June 17, 2011 at 1:02 AM )

I like the strapless fish-tail-cut dress!

Nicole ( June 15, 2011 at 1:43 AM )

lovvvved that dress too…the picture doesnt do it justice because when you see it in person its made out of silk and it simply has the most amazing detailing! xoxo

Chriselle ( June 17, 2011 at 1:02 AM )

I really embrace the fact that you are an Asian American stylist. Its really inspirational. However, as a young Asian American girl, I really feel like Asian American women (or women of color) are neglected in the modeling industry. Its really hard to live up to a standard of beauty especially if it’s usually a person that’s not of your own race (I.e. I’m black so I naturally am thicker but feel pressured to be voluptuous but also skinny ?? Lol.) I was wondering if you want to have equal representation of Asian American models in your work?

Keep up the awesome work!

Anonymous ( June 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM )

The Asian beauty always has been embraced and seen “beautiful” but has never caught the mainstream media attention…until this year that is. This year has been a GREAT year for asian models. Almost every runway show had atleast 3-6 asian models…Liu Wen is the face of Estee lauder and has walked for the Victorias secret runway show, Vogue dedicated their whole issue ( I believe it was around 3 months ago) to the asian beauty, the rising of asian designers (phillip lim, jason wu, derek lam, alexander wang, Parabal garung, etc), Louis vuitton’s ad campaign was asian inspired as well as Givenchy’s couture collection used ONLY asian models for their whole show. It’s REALLY our year to shine as Asian Americans! It’s only going to grow tremendously from here! Hope this gives you some hope! :) xoxo

Chriselle ( June 17, 2011 at 1:07 AM )

OMG, these are amazing!! You have wonderful eyes for style. Hope to make it to a level to be able to work with you in the future.

Zabrina (JeZa Photo) ( June 15, 2011 at 1:00 AM )

Thank you Zabrina!!! xoxox

Chriselle ( June 17, 2011 at 1:07 AM )

pagetop