An Empty Closet But Everything To Wear

Sometimes we all get so caught up in something “new” to wear that we forget about our basics. I had an A-ha moment this morning as I sat dauntingly in front of my closet with thousands of fancy pieces but absolutely nothing to wear (yet again? yes I have those moments too!) Decided to get back to the basics with a loose soft cotton top & my fave pair of jeans!

HOW BORING (you might say) …BUT the key is to Accessorize your basics with the right pieces so you don’t have one of those moments. You know…your “I’ll just roll out of bed and throw on jeans and a T-shirt” type of look.

1. You can NEVER go wrong (especially in the summer) with a Panama hat..its near impossible to not look chic in one of these babies.

2. Love the look of men’s belt (this one is from my fiance’s closet..thanks baby! i’ll put it back in the closet tonight :P )

3. OBSSESSED with thick wooden bangles. I love the idea of mixing & matching different types & sizes of bangles. Gives an outfit a boho summer vibe!

4. although this Michael Kors crossbody ¬†purse fits just about 2 credit cards & a lipstick…definitely not the most practical but YES the most awwwwe-dorable thing I have laid my eyes on this season!

So the next time you say ” A full closet and I have nothing to wear”… Think again. You just might say “An Empty ¬†Closet But Everything To Wear”

How do YOU dress up your jeans and T? I would love to know! Leave a comment here, Tweet me, or Facebook me with a pix of how YOU dress up your basics!

(shirt- American Apparel, Jeans- Jbrand, Hat- H&M, Belt- borrowed from the fiance, Earrings- vintage, Bangles- Forever21 & BCBG)

Love,

Chriselle

• wowalyssa says:

i would were ‘em with chic heels, and a statement necklace! <3

• Michelle says:

Uffff, I so much need help in this department. I have the most AWFUL sense of style ever!!! It seems I dress down everthing I wear, it comes out looking thrown on without thinking :P

• […] The Chriselle Factor › An Empty Closet But Everything To Wear So the next time you say ” A full closet and I have nothing to wear”… Think again. You just might say “An Empty Closet But Everything To Wear” How do YOU dress up your jeans and T? I would love to know! […]

• Janiece Ray says:

I like to wear boots over my jeans, and long earrings to frame my face. I don’t usually wear bracelets, I always end up taking them off by the end of the day (no idea why, they just start driving me nuts!). I also like to wear simple scarves in solid colors for a contrasting pop of color and a different texture.

• Irina says:

Such a simple and chic look. Thank you for the ideas. Have a nice day!

Irina
    Moscow, Russia.
    Rusbabeirina.blogspot.com

• Mae Lu says:

My love for you is a many-splendored thing, especially when you can take such a basic T and Jeans combo and turn it into something spectacular.

xx{ish.},
    Mae Lu @ thereafterish.!

• iamverycrazy says:

I like to wear my basics with necklaces. It’s almost the only time I wear big jewelry. Love the panama!

• Aneirys says:

I most likely dress up my basics with lots of statement rings, since I’m a sucker for big/colorful rings and also a big statement necklace =)